Onedrive sync broken accross ALL my devices

Frankynov

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone,

Since a couple of weeks/months, when starting my Windows 8.1, I got some error messages : "OneDrive Sync Engine has stopped working".
It tried to restart, but failed every time, leaving my taskbar with a lot of cloudy icons. Hovering them made them disappear.
The sync is not working.
Here is what I tried :

- Use OneDrive repair tool from Microsoft --> No error detected
- Tried SkyDrive /shutdown, /reset, --> No difference
- I also moved my OneDrive folder to another partition and double checked the NTFS permissions : same error.
- I have changed a registry value (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{8E74D236-7F35-4720-B138-1FED0B85EA75}\ShellFolder), without success (and the value was set back to 0 after a reboot)
- I have also deleted from the web interface all potential trouble files (with brackets, comma, explanation marks... I browsed every single folder).
Nothing has worked.

The problem is, I have this behaviour on ALL my Windows devices linked to my Microsoft Account (from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 RTM). This also happens on my MacBook running OSX 10.10. This MUST be something happening from the server (or an online corrupted file causing this ?), a fresh installation of Windows 8.1 has the same behaviour.

Through the Android mobile app, I am able to browse my files and upload my pictures (automatic backup feature).

I have browsed tons of pages suggesting the above solutions, but none of them have worked.

Any idea guys ?:crying:

Thanks !

Frankynov

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Bump :)
I had a try with the new Windows 10, still no luck...
I deleted my onedrive folder, created a new one from the assistant, and it is still crashing even if I don't choose any folder to sync !

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb