Onedrive mssing in Windows 10

SkullyHB

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
I upgraded my Windows 8.1 tablet to Windows 10, and now I don't have OneDrive anymore. I have a 'OneDrive' folder under my profile, but that seems to be a carryover from 8.1 - only the files that I had set for offline mode under 8.1 are there, and I get an error if I try to open anything that was not synced under the old Windows. I'm aware of the placeholder change and that's not the issue - there is noplace in W10 that I can change the sync settings because I can't find any setting or app.

There's no OneDrive icon in the notification area, and while there's a OneDrive shortcut in the "All Apps" list, it does nothing. My desktop PC, which I did a clean install on, has both the shortcut and the icon.

So it appears that OneDrive is not actually installed on my tablet. Is there a way to reinstall it?

SkullyHB

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
After comparing my 2 systems, I found a fix to my own problem. FYI in case anyone has a similar issue:

Under the 'c:\users\username\appdata\local\Microsoft\onedrive\update' folder, there's a 'OneDriveSetup.exe' file. Run that and it will configure OneDrive on Windows 10.

PavanReddy

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
After comparing my 2 systems, I found a fix to my own problem. FYI in case anyone has a similar issue:

Under the 'c:\users\username\appdata\local\Microsoft\onedrive\update' folder, there's a 'OneDriveSetup.exe' file. Run that and it will configure OneDrive on Windows 10.

Hmm..this method lets you access Online Only folders in File Explorer for Windows 10?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss