Anyone else getting disconnected from OneDrive?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got a notification on my PC and Surface that "this device has been removed from OneDrive.?

Anyone else seeing this happen?

dan donnelly

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
This has also just happened to me. Very painful as I have so many files.

I'd rather not move to dropbox or something else but Microsoft are not making is easy for me to like them.

DonBakke

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Yep...me too. Must be a service outage that is resulting in these messages. Hopefully Microsoft will resolve and the problem will fix itself from a client point of view.

RickyF

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Got the message on two machines so far tonight.

Microsoft's file sync services?OneDrive and OneDrive for Business?are too unreliable to depend upon. I find Google Drive and Dropbox far more dependable.

Snoogins34

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me too, both on my SP3 with Win10, and my home desktop on Win7 Home Prem.

This thread on MS Answers, also from earlier today, is the only other thread I've seen mention it:
h t t p : / / answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odstart-odinstall/this-device-has-been-removed-from-onedrive/180406f4-2354-4c1e-b533-ce79d1d8e13c

(haven't posted enough to post links, I guess)

I'm going to leave my files un-sync'd for now until I'm confident this has blown over...

mados123

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Just happened on two of my machines with Windows 10. One of them says downloading all the files despite all of them being on the drive already. Sure hope there won't be duplicates (and yes, the unnecessary downloading of 60GB of data also isn't too cool either).

DrPRW

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, as of yesterday (Oct. 7), Onedrive on my windows 7 laptop (for work) disconnected three times. I completely deleted onedrive from the computer and then reinstalled it (and downloaded the needed files for my work computer- not fun!). This morning, my Windows 10 laptop (home computer that has all the GBs of my data 100s of GBs!) just disconnected from Onedrive. What is causing this and what can I do to keep it from happening again? This is very annoying when you are trying to get work done and you have to wait on your cloud storage to do what it is designed to do!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Didn't happen to my systems (Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Phone 8.1) - all files are intact and synchronized. Just to be sure, I've kept an offline backup of all my important files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077