Anyone else getting disconnected from OneDrive?

willybird

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
Both of my computers disconnected, but I logged back in and everything was fine. I lost my Microsoft Office 365 icons on my portable (Win10) but put them right back, too. Haven't checked my phone and tablet yes.

Robert Zeff

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
yes, same problem here. what does that merging exactly do? will I get duplicates ?

You will not get duplicates. If the files are the same, nothing happens. Previously, if you modified a file, then synced, you would get two copies, one with your pc name appended to the file name. That was with Windows 8. The behavior has changed with Windows 10, not sure what happens.

Scott Forbes

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
This started with me in the past week. I am seeing it on all of my Windows 10 devices. I even created a fresh new install of Windows 10 on my laptop, and it did it on there, with a plain copy of Windows 10 and all updates installed. I'm thinking a windows update might be the culprit. And of course, you are kinda forced into taking them in most cases.

bockersjv

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Geeting this issue on Windows 7 and 10 machines. Not related to a Windows update as my 7 version has stopped updating. Have tweeted OneDrive too.

Very frustrating as on one machine it had to re-download 300Gb of files.

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Why has Microsoft not acknowledged this?? Its happened to me 4 times over the past 2 weeks. Its unacceptable

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Wow, it happened me THREE times today. On all of my PCs. I assume Microsoft are just going to keep ignoring it? Pretending its not a problem?

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Just been reading that this might be linked to having your taskbar set to auto hide

I was trying out the auto hide on my taskbar last week and got this issue, didn't think at the time about them being related, have set my taskbar back to always show and not seen problem since

I didn't have to redownload anything, just logged back into onedrive at the prompt, selected to merge content and all was back again

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
Just been reading that this might be linked to having your taskbar set to auto hide

I was trying out the auto hide on my taskbar last week and got this issue, didn't think at the time about them being related, have set my taskbar back to always show and not seen problem since

I didn't have to redownload anything, just logged back into onedrive at the prompt, selected to merge content and all was back again

I don't think that is the same case, in your case OneDrive has just crashed but in our case it says: this device has been removed from OneDrive or something similar...

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I don't think that is the same case, in your case OneDrive has just crashed but in our case it says: this device has been removed from OneDrive or something similar...
That's the message I got, device has been removed from onedrive

It asked me to sign back in and set it up again, which I did, no downloading/uploading required as files where already there, it just thought for a while comparing them then said they where all in sync

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
That's the message I got, device has been removed from onedrive

It asked me to sign back in and set it up again, which I did, no downloading/uploading required as files where already there, it just thought for a while comparing them then said they where all in sync

That's strange because it ran in the same way with me but all my files had to be re-downloaded for some reason.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05