Well, I live in Brazil and it's a little bit weird to speak "OneDrive" during conversations.
    Is there any other way to call this servisse? Is there na acronym or something?
    10-08-2015 02:10 PM
    It's hard to give a different name for a proper noun; it's like giving a person a different name other than his or her real name, which is quite not right. I guess it's just a matter of balancing pronunciation and context while saying "OneDrive". Haven't heard of a different name for it other than the official "OneDrive". Giving a different name may just lead to confusion.

You may append, "Microsoft's cloud file service" or something similar to "OneDrive", using the local language if need be. As long as the idea is relayed, it should be acceptable.
    yanpaulo likes this.
    10-08-2015 02:53 PM
    It's hard to give a different name for a proper noun; it's like giving a person a different name other than his or her real name, which is quite not right. I guess it's just a matter of balancing pronunciation and context while saying "OneDrive". Haven't heard of a different name for it other than the official "OneDrive". Giving a different name may just lead to confusion.

You may append, "Microsoft's cloud file service" or something similar to "OneDrive", using the local language if need be. As long as the idea is relayed, it should be acceptable.
    Good. It's just that it is common to give nicknames to proper names, but I guess there isn't one. Ty!
    gpobernardo likes this.
    10-10-2015 10:16 PM