Files on OneDrive disappeared, how can I get them back?

W

WPCentral Question

Files on OneDrive disappeared

Starting my PC up this morning, the OneDrive icon showed me "downloading 25,9GB".
When finished I found out, that I am missing files and pictures. I worked on files in OneDrive yesterday, which means, that something has happened overnight.
I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago.
Regards
Mogens Christensen

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Files on OneDrive disappeared

Check recycle bin of your OneDrive from browser.May be you deleted the files stored locally in OneDrive folder which even effects your cloud.

Mogens Christensen

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site

Yes it seems as a lot of my files and pictures are in the bin. Most of them dated - put in the bin - today 11.50/1158.
I have not touched one drive this morning. When I started the computer up this morning, the small OneDrive icon, told me "downloading 25,9 GB".
When finished I opened OneDrive, and found files and pictures missing.
It seems, as I will have a huge job, finding out which pictures are missing and will have to be moved from the bin.
How can this problem happen?

harihar akhil

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Don't know. Data stored in OneDrive can only be accessed by you which you may have deleted it or may be done by some of cleaning tools. Any ways it's good you found your data.

Last edited:

Exhibit13

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

Starting my PC up this morning, the OneDrive icon showed me "downloading 25,9GB".
When finished I found out, that I am missing files and pictures. I worked on files in OneDrive yesterday, which means, that something has happened overnight.
I upgraded to Windows 10 about a month ago.
Regards
Mogens Christensen

Your not the only one with this exact issue http://forums.windowscentral.com/on...ve-keeps-moving-files-recycle-bin-itself.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb