Why do I get duplicate photos on my OneDrive?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I take photos with my Lumia 928. They're great! I have my photos set to automatically upload to my OneDrive. Works great! BUT - on both my wife's OneDrive (separate phone and OneDrive) and my OneDrive, we BOTH get duplicate photos after a time - sometimes 3-4-5 duplicate photos. Why do we get duplicate photos, and how can we delete the duplicates without going through the OneDrive and deleting hundreds of duplicates one by one? We would be most grateful for any help on this!!!!

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Having the same problem after upgrading my Lumia 1520 to W10M. Photos triplicate resulting in OneDrive storage overflowing. Also, new uploaded photos will be deleted from OneDrive after being deleted from my device. How can I preserve the uploaded photos OneDrive?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I take photos with my Lumia 928. They're great! I have my photos set to automatically upload to my OneDrive. Works great! BUT - on both my wife's OneDrive (separate phone and OneDrive) and my OneDrive, we BOTH get duplicate photos after a time - sometimes 3-4-5 duplicate photos. Why do we get duplicate photos, and how can we delete the duplicates without going through the OneDrive and deleting hundreds of duplicates one by one? We would be most grateful for any help on this!!!!

Perhaps the duplicate files are there because of the app thinking the uploads failed and hence uploads them again.

By the way, are you sure the duplicates are exact duplicates? Size and name?

To delete them, I can think of searching for all files that have brackets as I think the duplicate files will have numbered names

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Chintan for your assist though it's a bit too late now that I had went into OneDrive to delete them individually. That took me a full day. I am sure they were duplicates as they were side-by-side together, have the same file size (some have slightly less file size) and my OneDrive storage space usage had nearly doubled after migrating to W10M.

Some questions on the new Photos app in W10M:

1. How can we see the upload status of the photos? This can be easily viewed in W8.1 (want to be sure they are uploaded to OneDrive before deleting without the need to login OneDrive physically.
2. There seems to be no picture quality option for WIFI upload option unlike W8.1 where we can choose BEST quality in WIFI option. How can we be sure that we get BEST picture upload using WIFI under W10M?
3. Also noticed that all pictures in WhatsApp now have went blurry even though I clicked download file icon. What happened?

Thanks in advance.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Some questions on the new Photos app in W10M:

1. How can we see the upload status of the photos? This can be easily viewed in W8.1 (want to be sure they are uploaded to OneDrive before deleting without the need to login OneDrive physically.
2. There seems to be no picture quality option for WIFI upload option unlike W8.1 where we can choose BEST quality in WIFI option. How can we be sure that we get BEST picture upload using WIFI under W10M?
3. Also noticed that all pictures in WhatsApp now have went blurry even though I clicked download file icon. What happened?

Thanks in advance.

1. I think this can be viewed from the onedrive app itself. Go to onedrive, tap on the top left > progress. it gives you 3 sections, downloading, uploading and camera
  2. You're right about this, I can't find any setting for picture quality
  3. They went blurry in the photos app or when viewing through whatsapp?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb