OneDrive Auto Upload Broken. Files stuck in queue. WP10 Lumia950. What can I do?

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
OneDrive Auto Upload Broken. Files stuck in queue. WP10 Lumia950

Hey Guys ,

It seems camera auto upload to onedrive has broken. It has uploaded any of my new clicks since a week now.

Under One Drive Settings > Progress there is nothing under Download or Uploading , but under Camera i see multiple files showing as "waiting". I cant see which images they are. There are atleast 30-40 photos in waiting stage.

OneDrive version is 17.6.1 with camera upload turned ON.

Regards,

Aamod

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: OneDrive Auto Upload Broken. Files stuck in queue. WP10 Lumia950

Are you connected to a WiFi? In the Camera app, under settings, scroll down to 'Related Settings' and tap 'Manage OneDrive upload settings'. There, if 'Upload on metered connections' is OFF, it will not upload anything unless you're on WiFi.

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Are you connected to a WiFi? In the Camera app, under settings, scroll down to 'Related Settings' and tap 'Manage OneDrive upload settings'. There, if 'Upload on metered connections' is OFF, it will not upload anything unless you're on WiFi.

Thanks Ed. Yes , I am on Wifi. Yes , metered connections is off but that is on purpose. Everything was working fine until last week. What more worrying is the 30-40 images that are being shown under "Camera" as waiting. Though Download and Upload list is clear.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site

I have a similar problem. It looks like some photos are still uploading but most are sitting in the queue with a waiting status and seemingly will never upload.

On my Lumia 920 with 8.1 this was perfect. I never thought about uploading of the images, it just happened.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar issue that I reported through the feedback app. I got an email from the OneDrive support team with the following instructions:

To answer your question: We would suggest you to perform following steps:
1.Tap the Menu button (the three horizontal bars in the upper-left corner), and then tap Settings at the top right.
2.Tap About OneDrive.
3.Tap Reset app.
4.Tap Reset app again to confirm the action.
The app will close and when you restart it, you'll need to add account you were using in the app.

This worked for me. I hope it helps you too!

avaldesc

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site

Hello.-

I tried the reset OneDrive option but did not work.

Any other hint about this ?.

rider2040

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

Try submitting a request through the feedback section of the app. Maybe they will get back to you directly like they did for me?

Aamod Potdar

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar issue that I reported through the feedback app. I got an email from the OneDrive support team with the following instructions:

To answer your question: We would suggest you to perform following steps:
1.Tap the Menu button (the three horizontal bars in the upper-left corner), and then tap Settings at the top right.
2.Tap About OneDrive.
3.Tap Reset app.
4.Tap Reset app again to confirm the action.
The app will close and when you restart it, you'll need to add account you were using in the app.

This worked for me. I hope it helps you too!

Thanks but unfortunately it did not work me. i did click pics after the reset and it still did not upload. I tried to manually upload some pics to one drive , its showing in the uploading section but status is waiting.

i just want to avoid resetting the whole device (soft reset)

I also post feedback as mentioned. Waiting for them to come back.

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Been having this problem myself. I even enabled metered connection upload and it still won't upload automatically. Been having this problem for at least a week. Came back from vacation, opened up OneDrive and realized that not a single photo out of 400 uploaded automatically, which is frustrating.

C LaBelle

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
plug phone into pc and copy to your onedrive sync location?

That's not the point. The auto upload feature seems to be broken. My 830 isn't uploading any photos from camera or saved. Tried resetting the app and it worked for a day, now its not working again and the resetting the app trick isn't working anymore.

reded23

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
There are many issues with Onedrive in Win 10 mobile. Here's a couple I have found...Rich Capture photos won't upload, If the SD card is scanning (because the crap Camera App crashed the phone previously) they will say waiting, Other times you get an error message on 1 photo that then stops all future uploads (until you clear the error and lose that photo)
I can't believe how these really obvious bugs are not being fixed in a more timely manor.

Mike Dembski

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Just so you don't feel like you are the only ones, the same problem is happening with OneDrive on the iPhone. I have contacted Microsoft several times and just get canned responses. Eventually they ask for specific info and then no more contact.:cry:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos