Hi,

I've so far been using onedrive as a backup service where I copy folders over to the onedrive folder, sync them and then untick the sync local option so the files stay in onedrive only and not my laptop

Now I had a few questions

1. I have a documents folder which I want to sync. After syncing, if I edit a few documents, what would happen? Would the edited file be saved with a new name or replace the old file or something else?
    2. Secondly, if I add new files the folder, will they be synced the next time I connect to the internet?
    3. And what about if I delete or move files from one folder to another? Would the online copies be also deleted or moved?
    4. I've seen the settings to sync folders but is there a setting for syncing individual files? Like I can select a video to sync but not the rest of the files in the same folder

Hope you can help,

Thank you
    02-25-2016 08:07 AM
    So I've found answers

1. After editing any file, the new version is uploaded with the same name, replacing the old version

2. Adding new files adds them to onedrive as well

3. Deleting files from pc will delete from onedrive the next time you sync

4. Not yet

New questions, how can I include the whole of my libraries into onedrive? My Documents, pictures, music, videos and downloads folders
    03-04-2016 11:39 PM
    4. It used to be like that in 8.1.......sorely missed

Redirecting a folder to a new location - Windows Help

It's for W7, but W10 is the same, just set the Documents etc location to a folder in OneDrive, which can be found in \Users\{username}\OneDrive
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    03-05-2016 10:39 AM