How do I log into my One Drive on Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

My account was "hacked" and I recently had to change my password. I can log into OneDrive on my android phone as well anywhere online. I have done enough reading of forums and Windows FAQ pages that I am not frustrated enough... I do not need someone sending back to the windows FAQ or Help Page.... those steps are not working. I have checked under Settings>Accounts>My Account within windows. I have tried downloading the Windows OneDrive Installation exe file and running that. It simply opens one drive. I can save files into the folders and see all of the files on my laptop but not online. I can right click on the Cloud Icon in the bottom right of the screen however the "View Sync Problems" is grayed out and not clickable. If I click on settings it takes me to a menu that has no available areas to allow me to sign in. I have restarted my computer about 5 times hoping that would work. And finally because this is windows 10 I cannot uninstall the OneDrive to try and fix it that way. Suggestions anyone?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
On the "Cloud icon" bottom right of your screen (this is called the Systray btw), right click on the Cloud icon and choose 'Settings', then go to the 'Account' tab where you choose what folders to sync. Put a check in the box next to each folder you'd like to sync to your PC, then report back here with your findings. ;)

Kincaid333

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I can't click on any of that. I can only click on the links within the About Tab as well as the check box to the left of "Start OneDrive Automatically........." under the Settings Tab. There is nothing else within that dialog box that I can click on.

Kincaid333

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Update: I just checked my Microsoft Account online and clicked on my devices. There were two of my Laptop showing up so I removed both of them as it could not tell me which one was which. Now, after restarting my computer 3 times, cannot get the Microsoft Website to find my device. It says I have no devices attached to my account. I assume this will further interrupt my ability to sync my OneDrive? I have also gone through the process of resetting my password again (twice now) in a hope that may help fix the issue. No Dice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05