I made a Veracrypt file in my OneDrive folder and waited for it to sync. I then mounted the file in Veracrypt and added some financial records to the volume and unmounted it.

Even though the contents of the encrypted volume had changed, the file itself had the same dates and size. And it didn't appear to sync.

How can I force a file to sync? Why doesn't OneDrive look at the hash of the file contents, rather than just the date or size?
    04-03-2016 05:25 AM
    I made a Veracrypt file in my OneDrive folder and waited for it to sync. I then mounted the file in Veracrypt and added some financial records to the volume and unmounted it.

Even though the contents of the encrypted volume had changed, the file itself had the same dates and size. And it didn't appear to sync.

How can I force a file to sync? Why doesn't OneDrive look at the hash of the file contents, rather than just the date or size?
    I'm assuming you're doing this using the onedrive service on pc. Can you exit onedrive and start it up again to force it to check for changes? On the right bottom corner you'll find the icon for onedrive. Right click it and click on exit.
    04-04-2016 07:06 AM