On Windows 10 (64bit) OneDrive now and then crashes (due to whatever reason, long filename or file/folder it suddenly cannot open). Although this is not a funny event, the real issue is that, when I restart it, it completely forgot my account details, and more importantly the folders I selected to synchronize (selective sync option).

This implies that I manually need to re-select all folders I would like to sync in the GUI interface with checkboxes per folder before I can go on. Because my hard drive is too small to just do a full sync, this is an lengthy/awkward process (takes like 15 min). Next, the real synchronization still needs to happen (OneDrive "processing changes" can take a couple of hours).

How can I improve this process? Is there a way to remember/script the folders to synchronize (config file)? Is there a shortcut to speed up synchronization of existing folder with online OneDrive?
    04-08-2016 02:32 AM
    On Windows 10 (64bit) OneDrive now and then crashes (due to whatever reason, long filename or file/folder it suddenly cannot open). Although this is not a funny event, the real issue is that, when I restart it, it completely forgot my account details, and more importantly the folders I selected to synchronize (selective sync option).

This implies that I manually need to re-select all folders I would like to sync in the GUI interface with checkboxes per folder before I can go on. Because my hard drive is too small to just do a full sync, this is an lengthy/awkward process (takes like 15 min). Next, the real synchronization still needs to happen (OneDrive "processing changes" can take a couple of hours).

How can I improve this process? Is there a way to remember/script the folders to synchronize (config file)? Is there a shortcut to speed up synchronization of existing folder with online OneDrive?
    this points to a deeper problem since that isn't normal behaviour. Have you talked to Microsoft tech support? They are usually quite helpful
    04-09-2016 09:16 AM