Remember selective sync folder selection in OneDrive?

kenenisa

Apr 8, 2016
Visit site
Remember selective sync folder selection in OneDrive

On Windows 10 (64bit) OneDrive now and then crashes (due to whatever reason, long filename or file/folder it suddenly cannot open). Although this is not a funny event, the real issue is that, when I restart it, it completely forgot my account details, and more importantly the folders I selected to synchronize (selective sync option).

This implies that I manually need to re-select all folders I would like to sync in the GUI interface with checkboxes per folder before I can go on. Because my hard drive is too small to just do a full sync, this is an lengthy/awkward process (takes like 15 min). Next, the real synchronization still needs to happen (OneDrive "processing changes" can take a couple of hours).

How can I improve this process? Is there a way to remember/script the folders to synchronize (config file)? Is there a shortcut to speed up synchronization of existing folder with online OneDrive?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: Remember selective sync folder selection in OneDrive

On Windows 10 (64bit) OneDrive now and then crashes (due to whatever reason, long filename or file/folder it suddenly cannot open). Although this is not a funny event, the real issue is that, when I restart it, it completely forgot my account details, and more importantly the folders I selected to synchronize (selective sync option).

This implies that I manually need to re-select all folders I would like to sync in the GUI interface with checkboxes per folder before I can go on. Because my hard drive is too small to just do a full sync, this is an lengthy/awkward process (takes like 15 min). Next, the real synchronization still needs to happen (OneDrive "processing changes" can take a couple of hours).

How can I improve this process? Is there a way to remember/script the folders to synchronize (config file)? Is there a shortcut to speed up synchronization of existing folder with online OneDrive?

this points to a deeper problem since that isn't normal behaviour. Have you talked to Microsoft tech support? They are usually quite helpful

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss