OneDrive space decreased to 5 GB

Moez Juventus

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've just received an email today from Microsoft informing me that my OneDrive space is going to be decreased from 30 GB to 5 GB. My photos auto-upload bonus of 15 GB is going to be deleted... My question is: Is there a solution or a workaround to increase the OneDrive Space again?

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I've just received an email today from Microsoft informing me that my OneDrive space is going to be decreased from 30 GB to 5 GB. My photos auto-upload bonus of 15 GB is going to be deleted... My question is: Is there a solution or a workaround to increase the OneDrive Space again?

In November, December and January, MS send mails to everyone in their Hotmail account informing about a change in OneDrive politics due to violations by some users.
In that mail they asked everyone to Confirm or Not own policy agreement, and so stay with original 15 GB forever (plus 15 GB extra Camera Roll if you got that when activated first Lumia phone)

Who ignored / missed that mails and news, will be decreased available space. There's not workaround or turn around for that till now

Mad Cabbie

Retired Ambassador
Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
As Maurizio said, emails were sent describing the upcoming changes. There was the facility to 'opt in' and preserve your 15gb allowance. The expiry date for the 'opt in' exercise was 31 January 2016. If you hadn't responded before that date, you dropped down to 5gb free. Had you responded your 15gb allowance would remain, along with your 15gb camera roll.

TMavC5

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
I think I didn't receive this email or I've had missed it. No luck for me :'(
Thank you guys for the explanations!

This is the actual email:

As you know, the amount of storage that comes with most OneDrive accounts is changing from 15 GB to 5 GB. You previously confirmed your desire to keep your 15 GB of free storage (and the 15 GB camera roll bonus if you have it).* As a result, your account will not be affected by these changes.
We also want to extend an offer that we are making available to users who are close to or will be over the new storage limits. You can claim a free one-year subscription to Office 365 Personal.** This subscription includes 1 TB of OneDrive storage.
We want to apologize for any inconvenience these changes may have caused you. We listened to our users’ feedback, and we are committed to making OneDrive the best option for people who want to be productive and do more.
Thank you for using OneDrive.
– The OneDrive Team

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion