One Drive & Groove Music Syncimg/Sharing

MosFan27

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I have 3 separate users on one PC. My main user account has all my music synced to one Drive Music folder and groove music app finds the music and plays it. I have shared the music folder with the other 2 users who have added the shared folder to their one drive accounts. All has synced fine. The other 2 users cannot however choose the shared music folder in their groove app as it is not the default Music folder set up by one drive. Is there a way I can get Groove to recognise the shared music folder as the one to sync, without having to download the music to the PC. Groove will add a downloaded version of the folder happily but this eats up space for each user added Is it possible to move the shared folder in to the default Music Folder?

AbstractKiller

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I stumbled on your post looking for resolution to this issue on Mobile, as my wife and I have a shared music library all on our shared Microsoft Account for our HTPC/Media PC at home. Sharing the folder as our "Music" folder into each of our private OneDrive/Microsoft accounts works fine for us on Groove (Desktop), but I have had no success getting the music to show on our mobiles (Win 10 Mobile//Groove Music).

To get the music to show on desktop I think I had to remove the default "Music" folders from our OneDrive accounts before adding the shared folder.

However, if anyone can please (please) tell me that MS has enabled shared folder access for mobile that would make my day! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99