How can I change default phone gallery sync from OneDrive to another service?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Dear Microsoft,

I am very, very, very dissapointed with the way you decided to proceed with this storage space reduction.
I understood that starting with whatever of July, my storage space will decrease from 15 Gb to 5Gb. Fine. I'm not happy, but I have enough time to figure out what to do. And now I realize that you didn't back up any of my photos since?!? How can that be?! What didn't you say so?! I deleted the photos because I was supposed to have it on one drive!!!
Please let me know how can I change my cloud storage from OneDrive to another service. Not laptop download then upload or other complicated solutions, but where do I enter the user name and password that Windows Phone will use to back up my photos in the cloud.

By the way, this robot verification is REALLY ANNOYING, every minute or so click on stupid pictures with trees and bikes. And you website policy is VERY ANNOYING, if I type microsoft.com I want to visit microsoft.com and not microsoft.com/nl-nl or /de-de or whatever. I'm starting to feel sorry I moved everyhting to Microsoft and to consider a move away from your ecosystem.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Dear Microsoft,

I am very, very, very dissapointed with the way you decided to proceed with this storage space reduction.
I understood that starting with whatever of July, my storage space will decrease from 15 Gb to 5Gb. Fine. I'm not happy, but I have enough time to figure out what to do. And now I realize that you didn't back up any of my photos since?!? How can that be?! What didn't you say so?! I deleted the photos because I was supposed to have it on one drive!!!
Please let me know how can I change my cloud storage from OneDrive to another service. Not laptop download then upload or other complicated solutions, but where do I enter the user name and password that Windows Phone will use to back up my photos in the cloud.

By the way, this robot verification is REALLY ANNOYING, every minute or so click on stupid pictures with trees and bikes. And you website policy is VERY ANNOYING, if I type microsoft.com I want to visit microsoft.com and not microsoft.com/nl-nl or /de-de or whatever. I'm starting to feel sorry I moved everyhting to Microsoft and to consider a move away from your ecosystem.

Kindly note that this website is not directly connected to Microsoft. We are an independent site providing news and support to MS product users.

For backing up of photos, what device are you using? In onedrive on your phone, camera roll upload must have been enabled for you to upload your photos automatically. Additionally, the uploads can only happen when you have an internet connection. If you deleted the photos before they were uploaded, then you have lost your photos. If you really wish not to use onedrive, you can try dropbox

The robot verification - If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos