Did anyone else opt in for OneDrive and still getting their storage reduced?

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
I am really pissed off. I clearly remember opting in not to lose my storage space and today I received an email from Microsoft stating my storage will be reduced. Next to my Bonus storage it says that it is valid through the 11th of August.

I am really angry. I use OneDrive a lot.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My next step would to try to contact support.

Of course, as with any support thing you could be stonewalled, but hey, worth a try.

shielahswshielah

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by "opting in" not to lose your storage space?
My son got an email today stating his would go to 5 gb in Aug, I never got that email for mine. They also said "We are also discontinuing the 15 GB camera roll bonus." Idk if that means camera roll will be gone altogether, I don't want to change phones for cloud storage.

weiser159

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I just got an email today even though I've already opted in. The whole thing is obnoxious and I'm just gonna find another primary storage solution. MS is so spread out they get so careless with particular segments of customers. It's also further confirmation to ditch Windows Mobile as a primary OS as well. The ride has grown old and tired. Not butthurt or pissed off. Just tired of it is all.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I still have 40gb and 100gb till mid 2017

At one point I had about 300gb with free promos and stuff...but, I think I only have 10-15gb on there now.

sp14

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
So we are in the same boat my friend. I have contacted them both through email and live assistance. They had no idea.

Horvath Gyorgy1

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
My son got an email today stating his would go to 5 gb in Aug, I never got that email for mine. They also said "We are also discontinuing the 15 GB camera roll bonus." Idk if that means camera roll will be gone altogether, I don't want to change phones for cloud storage.

But there was a not too much publicized opportunity for opting in for a short period when you had to tell Microsoft that you wanted to keep your full OneDrive capacity. I did that and I have 40 GB of storage space.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site

If I understand it correctly, back in November MS announced they were going to reduce the free storage to 5gb. There was a pretty big back leash so MS decided to keep the additional free storage (that was original promised by the way) if you notify them you want the free storage. The rub is, they didn't email anyone informing them of that. They just made the announcement in their blog so very few people knew about it. Recently (I think in late March or even early April) they sent out emails to the people that didn't opt in (In January 2016) for keeping the free storage.

Doesn't effect me because I went another route when placeholders were ridded in Windows 10.

Sent from mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720