Sync between devices Question.

Benjamin Upton

May 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi all.. Have a OneDrive question.. Hope you can help.

After many years of being a Mac guy, I built myself a gaming PC recently and have found d myself using it as my goto PC... I have never really utilised OneDrive..

Thinking about getting a Surface Pro or Book and would find the need to sync files.

Question: Can I use my Desktop to store everything locally and Sync everything up to OneDrive.. But on the Surface only use it to view files or choose to sync down only select folders?

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You will need to store what you want to sync in your one drive, not desktop folder.

On the surface you can select which folders you wanted synced .

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi all.. Have a OneDrive question.. Hope you can help.

After many years of being a Mac guy, I built myself a gaming PC recently and have found d myself using it as my goto PC... I have never really utilised OneDrive..

Thinking about getting a Surface Pro or Book and would find the need to sync files.

Question: Can I use my Desktop to store everything locally and Sync everything up to OneDrive.. But on the Surface only use it to view files or choose to sync down only select folders?

On your gaming pc, you can decide which folders to store in onedrive. So what you would do is make sure the folders are in the onedrive folder. Since they are in onedrive folder, onedrive will upload them to the cloud.

Now on your new device, when you sign in using the same account, you can choose which folders from onedrive to sync to that new device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss