duplicates the files on my laptop HDD

nickstermon

May 9, 2016
Visit site
After copying files to OneDrive, it duplicates the files on my laptop HDD. Why do I have an additional copy of them on my laptop HDD? I'm trying to free up storage by moving them to OneDrive, not duplicating them. I?d like some clarification.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
After copying files to OneDrive, it duplicates the files on my laptop HDD. Why do I have an additional copy of them on my laptop HDD? I'm trying to free up storage by moving them to OneDrive, not duplicating them. I’d like some clarification.

go to the system tray, right lick on the onedrive icon, go to settings, then within settings, select which folders you want to sync - meaning which folders should appear on both onedrive and pc. If you unselect a folder, it will only show on onedrive

KCandSunshine13

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I am no longer syncing OneDrive to my laptop, un-selected all folders. And I unlinked my laptop from OneDrive. After doing this, can you delete all of the OneDrive files (25GB worth) under the Users/Name/OneDrive folder? I, too am looking to free up hard drive space. My guess is that you can; since everything is on the cloud. Fair assumption? Thanks.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I am no longer syncing OneDrive to my laptop, un-selected all folders. And I unlinked my laptop from OneDrive. After doing this, can you delete all of the OneDrive files (25GB worth) under the Users/Name/OneDrive folder? I, too am looking to free up hard drive space. My guess is that you can; since everything is on the cloud. Fair assumption? Thanks.
yes, you can. It's what I usually do when uploading, I upload my stuff, unselect the folders and then delete the data from local storage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven