How does OneDrive and syncing work?

LilGil214

May 23, 2016
Visit site
syncing questions

Hello. I share some files in One Drive with another user (user 2). We both have windows 10 and the same version of one drive as well as the one drive app. However, when one of us (eg user 1) opens edits and saves a file in the one drive app (on the screen similar to File Explorer, the other user (user 2) cannot see the updated file when opening it from their one drive app on File Explorer. However, user 2 can see the updated file when opening it from one drive on their web browser. How can we fix this syncing issue so the second user can view the updated file on her computer? Isn't it supposed to sync automatically?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: syncing questions

Hello. I share some files in One Drive with another user (user 2). We both have windows 10 and the same version of one drive as well as the one drive app. However, when one of us (eg user 1) opens edits and saves a file in the one drive app (on the screen similar to File Explorer, the other user (user 2) cannot see the updated file when opening it from their one drive app on File Explorer. However, user 2 can see the updated file when opening it from one drive on their web browser. How can we fix this syncing issue so the second user can view the updated file on her computer? Isn't it supposed to sync automatically?

it is supposed to be automatic but it can take time sometimes. Make sure that both users do not have syncing issues and that sync is updated when you check the onedrive icon in the system tray

Tsang Fai

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
It is supposed that for those files chosen to be synced on a device, File Explorer would keep the most updated version of files. But based on my experience, that is not the case. Sometimes it takes unreasonably long time to have the local file synced to the latest version.

I try to use the OneDrive UWA instead of File Explorer. It almost guarantees to reflect the latest changes.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon