I'm new to Windows 10. I bought Office 365 which included 1TB of space for OneDrive. I would like to sync my Documents folder to OneDrive online but when I choose the 'choose which files to sync' option in windows explorer, only about 6 folders appear and I cannot find an option to search my PC for the desired folders to sync. Any help greatly appreciated
    06-08-2016 11:34 AM
    I'm new to Windows 10. I bought Office 365 which included 1TB of space for OneDrive. I would like to sync my Documents folder to OneDrive online but when I choose the 'choose which files to sync' option in windows explorer, only about 6 folders appear and I cannot find an option to search my PC for the desired folders to sync. Any help greatly appreciated
    so what I would suggest you do is to cut the documents folder and paste it to the onedrive folder. That way your documents folder would be synced online and whenever yu make any changes, the changes will also be reflected online. Just be sure to keep saving new documents to the documents folder that you've kept in onedrive

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.
    06-08-2016 12:16 PM
    If I cut & paste the documents folder will that not remove the original folder from my PC?
    06-08-2016 02:17 PM
    If I cut & paste the documents folder will that not remove the original folder from my PC?
    yes, it would. I'm assuming that you want to create and edit documents and also have them syncing all the time.

however, you can try this solution which is similar: Using One Drive to automatically back up My Documents folder - Microsoft Community
    06-08-2016 02:25 PM
    So.... the OneDrive folder on my computer is actually a physical folder that stays on my computer and syncs to the cloud?
    06-08-2016 02:33 PM
    So.... the OneDrive folder on my computer is actually a physical folder that stays on my computer and syncs to the cloud?
    yes.You can choose to have files on both local (onedrive folder) and in the cloud (onedrive website) or just online only
    06-08-2016 02:50 PM
    Many thanks
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-08-2016 06:14 PM
    Instead of copying, I right click on the folders (for example 'Pictures') and choose the Location tab and change it to the OneDrive location, then do for your other folders.

I guess it's the same thing really.
    Chintan Gohel likes this.
    06-10-2016 02:03 AM