Creating OneDrive Archive

Chris Miskow

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
Here's my situation. I'd like to create an archive folder for old projects that I'd like to be able to drag and drop files into for backup purposes. Being a Office 365 subscriber I have 1 TB of data on my OneDrive and would like to take advantage of that but my office computer only has about 250 GB of free space, much less than my OneDrive. Now, I wish this archive folder to be accessible from file explorer but not stored on my HDD and when I set the folder not to be synced, the folder simply disappears.
Is there a way to work around that and be able to access it online without using the web version of OneDrive?
Does anybody have any other suggestions for archiving using OneDrive?

Cheers.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's my situation. I'd like to create an archive folder for old projects that I'd like to be able to drag and drop files into for backup purposes. Being a Office 365 subscriber I have 1 TB of data on my OneDrive and would like to take advantage of that but my office computer only has about 250 GB of free space, much less than my OneDrive. Now, I wish this archive folder to be accessible from file explorer but not stored on my HDD and when I set the folder not to be synced, the folder simply disappears.
Is there a way to work around that and be able to access it online without using the web version of OneDrive?
Does anybody have any other suggestions for archiving using OneDrive?

Cheers.

if you're on windows 10, download the onedrive app from store - it allows you to see the files and folders from the app without actually storing them on the pc - but this needs internet

The new OneDrive UWP app for Windows 10 PCs is now available | Windows Central

Chris Miskow

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    10 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Chris Miskow

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
I tried again and no, it doesn't. There are no settings for file explorer and the app from the Windows Store it is crap. You can't even drag and drop files like you can using the web version so that is not a solution, it's a "fix" that doesn't fix anything and creates more problems.
Do you have the app from the store confused with the pre-installed program on Windows 10 which allows you to access your OneDrive from File Explorer? I already have that but my problem is that I want to be able to access FROM File Explorer files that are NOT SYNCED to my computer. Is that possible?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I tried again and no, it doesn't. There are no settings for file explorer and the app from the Windows Store it is crap. You can't even drag and drop files like you can using the web version so that is not a solution, it's a "fix" that doesn't fix anything and creates more problems.
Do you have the app from the store confused with the pre-installed program on Windows 10 which allows you to access your OneDrive from File Explorer? I already have that but my problem is that I want to be able to access FROM File Explorer files that are NOT SYNCED to my computer. Is that possible?

I guess not. That's what placeholders were for but that worked in 8.1, not W10. Long way around would be to downgrade to 8.1 :eck: sorry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea