My photos don't sync to OneDrive from my Lumia 550. How can I force them to upload?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've noticed for some time now that the photos from my phone are not updated to my OneDrive, though I do have an internet connection and space on my OneDrive available. My phone is a Lumia 550. How can I force the upload and make sure my photos are safe?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed for some time now that the photos from my phone are not updated to my OneDrive, though I do have an internet connection and space on my OneDrive available. My phone is a Lumia 550. How can I force the upload and make sure my photos are safe?

check in photos app settings that backup to onedrive is enabled
Also, open the onedrive app and check if there are any errors in uploading files

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Lumina user

Jun 28, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem on my Lumina 950, and Surface Pro 4.

Solved it like this:

Lumina 950, Pictures app, select an image that has not been uploaded to Onedrive, press the sharebutton, select onedrive, and the folder you upload your pictures to. Repeat this a few times.

After a while, the images that had not synced, and was not forced to upload earlier, started syncing.

When my phone had finished syncing, I turned on my Surface Pro, and started the pictures app, it startet syncing right away.

Problem solved for me, but I cannot explain why this is so. Hopefully it will help you as well.

MEL

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion