I've had this idea that I'd like to move my OneDrive folders from my main hard drive to the uSD drive I've got installed in my Surface Pro3. Currently I'm storing all my local media on the uSD, so it makes sense to me to put the OneDrive folders there as well.

When I tried relocating OneDrive through Properties>Location>Move, I get an error message saying "The folder can't be moved here. Please choose a folder on a drive that's formatted with the NTFS file system." So I checked, my uSD is formatted with exFAT formatting.

My question, do the local OneDrive folders need NTFS? My main hard drive is formatted with NTFS, is that what's causing the problem? Any suggestions to solve this? BTW, I'm running Win8.1.
    07-30-2016 08:21 PM
    I've had this idea that I'd like to move my OneDrive folders from my main hard drive to the uSD drive I've got installed in my Surface Pro3. Currently I'm storing all my local media on the uSD, so it makes sense to me to put the OneDrive folders there as well.

When I tried relocating OneDrive through Properties>Location>Move, I get an error message saying "The folder can't be moved here. Please choose a folder on a drive that's formatted with the NTFS file system." So I checked, my uSD is formatted with exFAT formatting.

My question, do the local OneDrive folders need NTFS? My main hard drive is formatted with NTFS, is that what's causing the problem? Any suggestions to solve this? BTW, I'm running Win8.1.
    if the message said it needs NTFS, then that is what is needed. Maybe you can format your microsd card and convert it to NTFS format?
    07-31-2016 09:58 AM
    if the message said it needs NTFS, then that is what is needed. Maybe you can format your microsd card and convert it to NTFS format?
    Yes, that crossed my mind. But I've got about 100GB on the uSD card that I don't feel like copying off and back again. It seems like there was a reason I went with exFAT in the first place, like .mp4 videos wouldn't play back correctly with NTFS, although now I can't remember exactly what the reason was.
    07-31-2016 01:30 PM
    Yes, that crossed my mind. But I've got about 100GB on the uSD card that I don't feel like copying off and back again. It seems like there was a reason I went with exFAT in the first place, like .mp4 videos wouldn't play back correctly with NTFS, although now I can't remember exactly what the reason was.
    or get a new card
    EMitchell likes this.
    08-01-2016 02:12 AM