Someone explain to me why the OneDrive Windows 10 App isn't bad.

TRON0314

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Right now I am reorganizing and backing up my photos. While using the OneDrive Windows 10 app, I am just learning of its lack of features, non intuitive UX, and errors like "Cannot move more than 100 files at once" And to boot, I haven't heard anything since its release of updating it with new features at all?

Am I missing something? I would really love for it to be a part of my workflow but it seems I'm more working within it's problems than it helping me.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I am having a great deal of trouble downloading my OneNote files from OneDrive to my 950XL, I have one page that has been downloading for a week, and still is "not synced":(

TRON0314

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Can you please elaborate. I use OneDrive. I did not notice any lack of features. It works the same as GDrive, Mega or Synology CloudSync. I am really interested what is missing for you...

The fact that I can't move more than 100 files at a time is hampering, the fact that it doesn't support folder upload or drag and drop of folders to upload - or even dragging folders into other folders is even worse. The UI being not as intuitive as the web version or the file explorer version, for that matter. Lots of issues the web version had in its infancy but to include them in the UWP version is head scratchingly odd.

melhiore

May 5, 2015
Visit site
The fact that I can't move more than 100 files at a time is hampering, the fact that it doesn't support folder upload or drag and drop of folders to upload - or even dragging folders into other folders is even worse. The UI being not as intuitive as the web version or the file explorer version, for that matter. Lots of issues the web version had in its infancy but to include them in the UWP version is head scratchingly odd.

To be very honest I do not use web version very often. I use OneDrive client software and had no issues with creating and moving folders. Just a different way of using OneDrive. Majority of my usage is actually done via Synology NAS and synchronized further to local PCs... I do not use UWP as well as I have desktop app installed on my PC... UI is as intuitive as any other. I have accounts in Mega, Google, Box and Dropbox. All are similar... Not sure about moving folders into other folders - just tested it and works fine. Moved my email attachments into another folder and back to "Files" on top...

TRON0314

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
Also no list/tiles/photo displays, can't right click to create folders. Give the web client a try, it's very nice in terms of getting around.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea