Outlook Mail (through the web) - different UI for different accounts?

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 different outlook accounts, and I just realized when trying to access it online, through 2 different browsers (one is with MS Edge, the other through Chrome) that the Outlook landing page is quite different. The Edge one brings me to mail.live.com, while the Chrome one brings me to outlook.live.com/owa.

There are also a number of other differences. The mail UI looks quite different. The account at outlook.live.com also has Tasks (in addition to Mail, Calendar, People, OneDrive, Word/Excel etc), and this is important to me because it allows you to set repetition to the task (i.e. every fourth Monday of the month, etc). Whereas the account through mail.live.com has task under Calendar, but doesn't allow for repetition.

Does anyone know why 2 different Microsoft accounts have such difference in the services? FYI, the account at mail.live.com (i.e. the one with apparently less features) is the one with paid 365 subscription, while the outlook.live.com/owa is a free account without subscription.

P.S. I couldn't find the right place in the forum for this topic, so I have included this under OneDrive which seems the closest. The admin/mod can move this to a more appropriate location.

shmsnh

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm assuming that both are personal accounts.

Microsoft is currently migrating all Outlook.com users to the new Outlook web app. This migration has been going on for some time, and soon you should see the same interface for both your accounts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa