WP OneDrive Update fails to install

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
The latest WP OneDrive Version 17.15.6 which as far as I can tell was pushed to a 3 of our WP's on 12/15/2016 fails to install with a Error Code of 8007cf6 and some times 8007cf9. I don't believe it is a rare occurrence with all the post for this OneDrive update on Microsoft's support forum with the same error code. What makes it worse there is no way to stop the notifications on your phone that a app needs updated. Is there anyway to kill just the OneDrive update notifications because updates to other apps are installing just fine.

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I plus many of the posters on the Microsoft Help Forum have already did that, and1 of my WP's a 920 does not even have a slot for additional storage. Some have even done a hard reset :unhappysweat: still it will not install. This is a update rolled out to us not something we tried to install on our own.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Same error here....80073cf9
OneDrive downloads fine, then goes almost to end during install, then fails.

Things already tried...
- cleared Temp files
- soft reset
- WiFi off, install attempt thru Cellular only
- WiFi off, Cellular 'International assist' off
- WiFi on, Cellular data off

....install still fails. Several days now.

Edit to add...
MS seems to have been made aware of the issue...as per the Answers.Microsoft Windows Community thread here:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...phone-81/71b54f4b-a99b-49c5-bc69-5ceb0dcf2f9f

Last edited:

Tom Snyder

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Kavu2
I took some pictures while ago and they did not save to Camera Roll or OneDrive, didn't find out until I opened my Camera Roll to look for them. I done a soft reset now it is saving them. I forgot to do a soft reset the last time I tried to see if the OneDrive update had been fixed.

Kavu2

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
>Tom Snyder
I just tested on my end and I did not have that problem.....pics appeared in Camera Roll and synced to OneDrive. So that glitch must not be related to our other issue with OneDrive app installing updates.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is aware of the problem and is working on rectifying it:

Hi,

I got this this from Onedrive this evening, looks like we have to just wait for a solution... meanwhile my Onedrive is working and last thing I would want to do it a hard reset...

Hi there,

I understand that there is an issue while updating/downloading the OneDrive app. I have reported the issue to our engineering team as it was reported by other users as well and our team is looking into it. Also, let me know if the behavior changes.

Your understanding on this is appreciated and thanks for reporting it to us instantly.

Ketan
OneDrive Team
Ticket Information:
Ticket #:615986
Date Created:12/16/2016 06:06 AM PST
What would you like to do?:Ask for help
Category:Other
Comment:OneDrive failing update, error 80073cf9, though OneDrive still working. Is it just me or everyone? Lumia 640LTE WP8.1 update2

You can monitor the following two threads HERE and HERE.

In the mean time, we just have to wait it out.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I just ran into this issue. Interestingly enough, in another thread like this, someone has noted that Microsoft has changed the requirements for OneDrive www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/onedrive/9wzdncrfj1p3

System Requirements
These apply only to PC and phones.
Minimum
OS Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile
Architecture ARM, x86, x64
Recommended
OS Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile
Architecture ARM, x86, x64

Hopefully the team will fix it.

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
You can now successfully install the latest OneDrive update from the store. Problem solved.

That said, [FONT=&quot]there's something odd. The update version of OneDrive in the store is 4.17.1.0 but when opening the OneDrive app and then tapping Menu>Settings>About, I see the version is 4.16.0. What's going on here?[/FONT]

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
You can now successfully install the latest OneDrive update from the store. Problem solved.

That said, [FONT="]there's something odd. The update version of OneDrive in the store is 4.17.1.0 but when opening the OneDrive app and then tapping Menu>Settings>About, I see the version is 4.16.0. What's going on here?[/FONT]

That is weird. Thanks for the update! Good to know that they fixed it.

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

That said, [FONT="]there's something odd. The update version of OneDrive in the store is 4.17.1.0 but when opening the OneDrive app and then tapping Menu>Settings>About, I see the version is 4.16.0. What's going on here?[/FONT]

Aaaand, broken again. Can't install new version 4.17.2.0. Darn...

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Still not able to successfully download on a 920; goes through the motions, comes close but ends with a " attention required" message:^{

mc_razza

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Aaaand, broken again. Can't install new version 4.17.2.0. Darn...

Same here. OneDrive has now been updated to version 4.17.3.0. At first the update failed to install however a second try was successful.

Again inside the OneDrive app the version is still 4.16.0.

chicchio

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi !
I have a Lumia 820 with WP 8.1 Denim.
I had error 80073CF9 when trying to update OneDrive, and I didn't update.
Now it seems it has been fixed, but I have heard some people that after update have errors in phone backup.
Since my "old" version of OneDrive works fine, before I do an update that could break it, I would some advice.
Thanks !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos