Password Protect or Secure a folding in OneDrive

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Can I secure a folder in OneDrive? OneDrive is left logged into on the main family computer and my phone but I want to keep my bill section private or ask for a password if you want to get in - and do this everytime.

Can I do this with OneDrive?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

Can I secure a folder in OneDrive? OneDrive is left logged into on the main family computer and my phone but I want to keep my bill section private or ask for a password if you want to get in - and do this everytime.

Thanks,

Mr. V
Nope. You'd have to do the exact opposite. Change your password, then Share Out every folder that others can get into. Put a check next to each folder AND any files not in folders, you want to Share, Right Click and select SHARE. Then you get a window to list a name and an email addie for that name and they'll get an email with a URL that'll take them to OneDrive, but it'll just give access to the Shared folders and files and not even show the unshared folder. Let them all use that same link or give them all a different link (labor intensive). Then keep YOUR OneDrive closed all the time. They won't know YOUR password so they won't be able to access the WHOLE account. It'll look just like OneDrive but NOT SHOW your private folder. They can even leave their Shared Link open all the time just like before. :wink:

Or get another account for free if 5 gigs would do you. $1.99/mo for 50 gigs.

Peace. Alan
Galaxy S7Edge [MM6.0.1] Full Dresser
Lumia ICON [Win10M 14977.1000] Sportster
Even when I lose, I win.

Last edited:

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Hello,

Thanks,

Mr. V

On your Desktop, go to the Section you wish to Protect > Review > Password

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I can't find that no matter HOW I look....

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

Hey Alan:)

When you are "on" a page, "in" a Notebook: Go to the menu> hit the Review TAB > look for, and click on Password.

Again, this is done form the Desktop version of OneNote";^)

Cheers!

Shamshi-Adad

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Hey Alan:)

When you are "on" a page, "in" a Notebook: Go to the menu> hit the Review TAB > look for, and click on Password.

Again, this is done form the Desktop version of OneNote";^)

Cheers!
I was goin CRAZY!!!! He wants to protect a folder on OneDrive :winktongue: gotcha!!!

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I was goin CRAZY!!!! He wants to protect a folder on OneDrive :winktongue: gotcha!!!

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
The OP could have a "Notebook" for bills; each "Section" of that notebook could be a different service; a "Page" in that section, could then be used for each monthly payment for that service. And each Section could be password protected with the same, or different password. So, the Notebook may be able to be opened, but none of the Sections, or its content. 😜

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

Peace. Alan
Even when I lose, I win.
Alan, so sorry. I am using my phone, and my eyesight isn't what it used to be..... Having a "Duh"! moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers