Sync invitation-based sharepoint libraries to onedrive (or onedrive business)

Novgorod

Dec 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I want to access an organization's sharepoint folder, for which I have been given an invitation link, with onedrive (I linked it to a live account, as I don't have an official organization account for 365; I think only the dude who manages the share has one). I can access the sharepoint folder in the browser (link of the type https://***-my.sharepoint.com/personal/***) and even map it as a network drive in windows explorer (though I have to manually login via browser first from time to time because "stay logged in" apparently doesn't mean what it's supposed to mean). However, it just seems impossible to access it via onedrive. Of course I would prefer to use onedrive for that share because it saves the credentials forever and is much better integrated into the file system.

I don't even know whether it's possible to access sharepoint shares with the "normal" onedrive at all. So I tried the business version (groove.exe) from office 15 and office 16, both with no luck. After it's installed, it only gives me the option to add a library, so I type in the aforementioned address, which works fine in the browser (https://***-my.sharepoint.com/personal/***), then I'm asked for my credentials (I use the same live account as for the browser access) and then I'm asked for my credentials again and again and again... It goes straight to the infamous login loop and doesn't even have the courtesy to give me an error message :cry: (I get an error if I intentionally type in the wrong email or password, so I know it's not that). The same happens of course if I click the sync button in the browser view.

Is the problem the fact that I have "only" access to the folder via an invitation link? Is there any way to get it to work with onedrive or onedrive for business?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre