SharePoint Vs OneDrive

savantprodigy

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
My organization is trying to decide whether to have SharePoint or One Drive as a document repository and would like to know what works better considering the below scenarios.

If the person in corporate has files stored in One Drive as a part of the O365 suite and he leaves the organization what happens to the files.

Do they disappear? or still exist

If the above scenario is with SharePoint the files stay, I am aware of that.

Please advise.

Thank You

savantprodigy

Jan 7, 2017
Visit site
My organization is trying to decide whether to have SharePoint or One Drive as a document repository and would like to know what works better considering the below scenarios.

If the person in corporate has files stored in One Drive as a part of the O365 suite and he leaves the organization what happens to the files.

Please advise.

Thank You

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
@holdum333 I don't think that forum has answers to my question, do you have any other recommendations.
Hi friend! Sorry, I do not have any more recommendations for you. I don't use off line storage. I prefer my own external drive for storage. I'm just a simple man with a simple plan.
I'm betting you will get some recommendations from WC members soon. Be patient and other members will reply.:wink: Some times weekends are a little slow.
Thanks for joining the forum! Lots of good stuff here on WC!

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

Please advise.

Thank You

I'm sure some from MS sales team would be glad to answer this.
Onedrive would be more suitable, where the ORG wants its employees to have a cloud based repository which he/she can access anytime anywhere boosting productivity. the question you raise is valid and I currently am not sure on the answer, so best to reach out to MS rep.

Sharepoint as you already mentioned, doesnt have this problem, and is generally better suited to act as team documents repository with a webpage like feel and easier to navigate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6