OneDrive (Personal) on Mac syncing very slowly

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I have been using OneDrive personal and business for several years and its been wonderful. My personal side is about 50GB and the business side is much more including several SharePoint sites that I sync.

Before I had problems, I was syncing across my Dell laptop running Windows 10, a Mac Mini running OS X, and my iPhone. I recently bought a new Surface Pro and am going to start moving off the Mac.

As an initial step, I decided I no longer needed any of the business files on my Mac, and the simplest way to get things the way I wanted was to just delete the OneNote app from the Mac. I unsynced first, and then deleted it. I moved the OneDrive folders away. I then reinstalled OneDrive on the Mac from the App Store.

The first problem I ran into is it would not let me log in with my personal account... only business. I reinstalled and no change. I decided to log in with business, and after doing that it allowed me to log into another account as personal, and I enabled OneDrive to sync from my personal account down to the Mac.

The problem is that the sync down is running extremely slow... like its taking several days to get 1GB of the 50GB down. I've re-synced my stuff a few times through laptop changes and its always been able to sync everything in less than a day... over 100GB. I have gigabit fiber in my home office and everything is fast. So there isn't any explanation for this.

Any ideas on what could be wrong. Its been running for over a week and managed to download just a couple GB. It will take several months at this rate to complete.

Sunstorming

May 23, 2015
Visit site
I am not on a Mac, but I will say OneDrive went bonkers a few weeks ago as it did not tell people they needed NTFS storage and seemed to sync forever but nothing ever got done and it would then crash over and over. I reformatted the SD as that is where OneDrive syncs, and when it did sync it was pretty damn slow as it was a full new sync. Depends on how many files as it does it one at a time.

convergent

May 20, 2017
Visit site
I gave up on waiting for this to complete.

1. Unsync my Mac to OneDrive.
2. Delete the OneDrive folder from my Mac.
3. Copy manually my OneDrive folder from Surface Pro to Mac.
4. Log back into OneDrive on my Mac.
5. Identify the folder I copied "/username/OneDrive" as the OneDrive location... actually you just pick the /username folder, but make sure the name of the OneDrive folder within it is the same.
6. Select yes when asked if you want to merge this folder with OneDrive.

Once I did this, it churned for a couple of hours and then said it was all synced. Nothing was duplicated. Some folks reported that a small portion of the OneDrive folder was resynced for some reason, but end result was still OK.

I was a bit nervous to do this for fear that my whole OneDrive folder of 50G of files would get messed up, but seemed to work fine.

randomforum

Aug 6, 2017
Visit site
Same here, seems that it can take DAYS on slower CPU'S, i am using Athlon 5150, did the test with my i7 4790k sync was done in one day (160gb 25K+ files)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo