What's the difference?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I was reading about the new Files On-demand feature of OneDrive (https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ailable-windows-insiders/#dVte6aCExJ5YXATM.97) and I didn't get it what's the real difference between "Locally available files" and "Always available files".

Both allow us to open the files without Internet connection and don't save space on local disk...

My guess would be if you mark something as always available inside a folder and mark that folder to free up space on your device, it will unsync all locally available files (whilst keeping a place holder file so when you click on that file, it will redownload that file then open) whereas it will ignore the files marked "always keep on this device".

Vandrey Trindade

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
TechFreak1,

Thanks! I just tried that and guess what? The file marked as "always keep on this device" was set as only online too... So, I keep on not understanding that! lol

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
TechFreak1,

Thanks! I just tried that and guess what? The file marked as "always keep on this device" was set as only online too... So, I keep on not understanding that! lol

No problem, I can understand the confusion as context and subtext doesn't always linguistically translate well across regions :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3