OneDrive totally disappeared from my Win10 on Surface 3 Pro

nahumgat

Jun 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

The Personal AND the business OneDrive Icons both disappeared from the Hidden Icons group. Also my One Drive Folders no longer synchronize. The folders do no even have the OneDrive icon.

When I run the onedrivesetup I get a message that a newer version is already installed.

The files in the OneDrive folders lost their "Status" icons.

I also included below a couple of screenshots from the TASK MANAGER.
I also ran the "Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant for Office 365" and it did not fix the problem.

I spent a few hours Googling for a solution but I find nothing. I understand that OneDrive comes installed with Windows. Do I have to reinstall Windows? I don't think I have the registration key..... ??

Should I uninstall OneDrive -- I can't even find specific instructions how to do that.

I use Microsoft Tablet 3 Pro, 64 bit OS, with Windows 10 Pro, Version 1803, installed 5/20/2018, OS Build 17134.48

Any suggestions? I'm pretty much at a loss.

Thanks

Attachments

• pastedImage5.png
    pastedImage5.png
    63 KB · Views: 4
  • pastedImage4.png
    pastedImage4.png
    414 KB · Views: 4
  • pastedImage3.png
    pastedImage3.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 3
  • pastedImage2.png
    pastedImage2.png
    30.2 KB · Views: 11
  • pastedImage1.png
    pastedImage1.png
    476.8 KB · Views: 3

skcusime

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue on a desktop and a laptop. Only discovered it yesterday, but the icons may have been missing for a week or so without me noticing. It must be a wider issue than I first thought if both my computers running 1803 (17134.81) have the issue.
I managed to fix the desktop by following the first answer in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/onedriveexe-fails-to-load-after-windows-10-v1803/ee0cca20-4848-4fdf-9517-8d5549ff4d01
I haven't attempted to repair the laptop just see if Microsoft fix it with an update.

gunglewack

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi

No you don't have to reinstall Windows :) but you should be able to reset and even uninstall OneDrive.

To reset OneDrive:
  1. Open a Run dialog by pressing Windows key and R.
  2. Type %localappdata%\Microsoft\OneDrive\onedrive.exe /reset and press OK. Manually launch OneDrive by going to Start, type OneDrive in the search box, and then click on the OneDrive desktop app.

To uninstall/reinstall OneDrive:
  1. Start > Add or Remove Programs > Microsoft OneDrive > Uninstall.
  2. Then download the latest version of OneDrive and install it.

You won't lose any data by resetting/uninstalling OneDrive, but if you had chosen to sync only some folders before the reset, you will need to do that again once sync has completed. Read Choose which OneDrive folders to sync to your computer for more information.

For more solutions, read Fix OneDrive sync problems

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss