Sync onedrive.com files with PC

eznoh

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
I have uploaded files to a folder on onedrive.com and rearranged some files. I'm now trying to sync that folder with onedrive in file explorer on my windows 10 pc. I found 2 methods on the web, neither of which works. The first says to right click on the onedrive taskbar icon, there is no such icon and no such icon to select in taskbar settings. The 2nd is to right-click on the onedrive icon in file explorer and choose which folder to sync but that option does not show up using the right-click.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
You have to first turn on the onedrive program on your PC. Search for it in Cortana/Search bar, if it's not there go online and install it. Once running the icon must show in the right side of taskbar. Log in, go to settings, check the Files on demand section and under account choose folders to sync. Things will now download and keep in sync with online onedrive.

In explorer you will now see those files and you will have more options like alsways keep on PC or Cloud only etc...

I hope this helps,
Regards

eznoh

Aug 8, 2018
Visit site
I have installed and run it. There is no icon on the right side of the taskbar. It does show the files I have uploaded to onedrive.com but they do not show up in the file explorer.

Mike

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you see a little upward pointing arrow on the right side of your task bar? If so, left click that. You should see the OneDrive icon in the little popup. Right click the OneDrive icon and click settings. There should be an option for choosing what folders you want to sync to your PC.

LetsWinThis

Aug 31, 2018
Visit site
Perhaps you have the UWA (Universal Windows App from the Windows Store) installed rather than the Windows 10 OneDrive software installed. I believe you need the latter to have the syncing of folders take place.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
If the Onedrive folder shows up in your File Explorer you should be able to Right-click it, then Left-Click on Settings > Account "tab" > Choose Folders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon