At the limit for One Drive storage 1.2 Tb

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm at the limit of allowable One Drive storage with the photo files I have.

This is the message I got from the help line on One Drive.

I can't believe that I'm not allowed to buy more storage.

Is this correct or is the help center representative wrong?

I've already bought the One Drive 100+ option and going to manage storage on Microsoft's web site offers me no other options.

Greatly appreciate your help with this.

Ken

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
AFAIK, MS only offers up to 1TB for consumers.on OneDrive.

you can try DropBox.

Or if you just need online backup (not sync between PCs), you can try Carbonite.

another option would be getting your own home NAS with remote access, lik Western Digital My Cloud

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm at the limit of allowable One Drive storage with the photo files I have.

This is the message I got from the help line on One Drive.

I can't believe that I'm not allowed to buy more storage.

Is this correct or is the help center representative wrong?

I've already bought the One Drive 100+ option and going to manage storage on Microsoft's web site offers me no other options.

Greatly appreciate your help with this.

Ken

Onedrive no longer offers the unlimited option..

If you do contact Microsoft chances are they will ask you to switch to a buisness plan, however you can try here and depending on your region, you should be diverted to the appropriate page:

support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/28808/microsoft-store-contact-support

support.microsoft.com/en-gb/contactus/

As @midnightfrolic suggest you can create your own cloud with a NAS, some high end routers offer that and VPN functionality. I would suggest using a VPN network for your own cloud as always setting up a mirroring (raid - raid 1 is the cheapest, raid 5 will probably be the best balance for your use case or raid 6 if you wish to use very large drives and raid 10 is almost the best of all raid solution at present) system so that you do not lost your data.

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Damn, 1,2 TB of files on Onedrive ??????

Imagine cleaning that up if you need to. I struggle to use any other cloud services, because Onedrive simply works best for me with syncing files between PC and W10M. For large file movements Onedrive tends to be a bit slow and quirky, or is it just me?

kwright62

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So the answer for me was to buy a fast computer with a large on board drive and transfer all of those files to my O365 account. I don't use the photos application for anything except editing anymore as I cant target the albums and indexed photo files to my O365 One Drive (not an option that I can find).

Fozzie Bear

Sep 15, 2019
Visit site
You may have resolved this by now however there may be another option. If you obtained your 1Tb storage by purchasing Office 365 then if you have the Home version, which allows you to share up to five people, you could create another Outlook.com email address and then share one of your five share options with your new email address. You will then have two, albeit separate, 1Tb OneDrive storage plans. You would have to use another sync tool like Good Sync or similar to upload to the second account as the Microsoft OneDrive App will only log into one "business" account and one "Free" account at a time. Alternatively you could create a second user account on your PC and configure the OneDrive App to log in to the second OneDrive account from there?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism