One Drive is full. Will this help?

User130

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
My OneDrive is full. Will it help if I buy an internal SATA hard drive for desktops and transfer the information there? Or will the information keep going to the OneDrive?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My OneDrive is full. Will it help if I buy an internal SATA hard drive for desktops and transfer the information there? Or will the information keep going to the OneDrive?

It depends on how you are saving files and folders on one drive i.e. if you are using the sync folder built-in to Windows 10.

User130

Jan 4, 2019
Visit site
It depends on how you are saving files and folders on one drive i.e. if you are using the sync folder built-in to Windows 10.

Can you please explain more? What is the sync folder?
Also, how do I ensure that the files aren’t automatically saved in OneDrive?

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Any files you drop into these directories are automatically synced with OneDrive. They are still local copies on your computer, so they still take up space on your hard drive. If you want to have them only on OneDrive and not your PC then you can just upload them via the OneDrive website and then delete the local copies.

OneDrive.png

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Can you please explain more? What is the sync folder?
Also, how do I ensure that the files aren’t automatically saved in OneDrive?

Please see below for the screenshot provided by @Rugish Dapeca.
@Rugish Dapeca, thanks for the screenshot and post.

Also to add the post, move the files from these directories (folders) to the Sata Hard drive and they should automatically unsync from onedrive.

If not, you can simply delete them via onedrive.com.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3