Hi,

With ref my previous post (rant) where OneDrive installation moved all my documents files under OneDrive Folder causing lots of problems.

I unlinked and finally go back to normal but decided I would like manual access to my 1tb of storage.

I want to sign in & have access to files of my choosing by simply copying to that the onedrive local folder to sync to the cloud.
    As soon as I sign in it tries to move all My Documents again, no choice or options.

How can I re-link/sign-in Onedrive & stop it trying to sync/move.

Not sure if from the previous install or just what it does but I signed in to my account, it asked for location of files, fortunately I put on a different drive, D.

There was no chance to choose which files/folders or uncheck Desktop/Picture/Documents.

I say fortunately I chose D because it seems it was trying to move all my files over again. I had all the folder structure set up in the OneDrive Local Folder on D but no files as it complained that it was not on the same drive & stopped so thankfully it did not screw everything up again.(actually leads me to another question, why can the onedrive folder be on D, C is a small SSD would prefer to copy the large files & backups onto D to be mirrored on the cloud)

Sorry, rather a rambling post again.
    05-30-2019 05:26 AM
    Hi,

With ref my previous post (rant) where OneDrive installation moved all my documents files under OneDrive Folder causing lots of problems.

I unlinked and finally go back to normal but decided I would like manual access to my 1tb of storage.

I want to sign in & have access to files of my choosing by simply copying to that the onedrive local folder to sync to the cloud.
    As soon as I sign in it tries to move all My Documents again, no choice or options.

How can I re-link/sign-in Onedrive & stop it trying to sync/move.

Not sure if from the previous install or just what it does but I signed in to my account, it asked for location of files, fortunately I put on a different drive, D.

There was no chance to choose which files/folders or uncheck Desktop/Picture/Documents.

I say fortunately I chose D because it seems it was trying to move all my files over again. I had all the folder structure set up in the OneDrive Local Folder on D but no files as it complained that it was not on the same drive & stopped so thankfully it did not screw everything up again.(actually leads me to another question, why can the onedrive folder be on D, C is a small SSD would prefer to copy the large files & backups onto D to be mirrored on the cloud)

Sorry, rather a rambling post again.
    Did you change the base location of the OneDrive folder first?

https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/move-onedrive-folder

Doing that, and moving the folder to where you want it to be, should stop it syncing your Documents folder.
    06-01-2019 09:48 AM