Hello Windows Central Community,

I am getting quite despreat. I have a nice 1 Terrabyte onedrive with all my music and souce code but recently it is driving me crazy. (apart from the fact that microsoft killed the playlist sync of Groove Music without a comment...)

Groove-Music very often goes to a quite high cpu usage (somewhere between 20-60 percent - Intel 4 Core i3770k), sometimes with the subprocess onedrive.exe hugging all the cpu, sometimes Runntime Broker.

Sometimes also Visual Studio gets very high cpu usage if I work on a project stored in onedrive. My Onedrive is about 594 GB and my Music Folder 51 GB.

First I thought it was the Windows defender since the CPU usage of Antimalware Service Executable was also often very high. BUt now I disabled Windows Defender (https://windowsreport.com/kill-antim...le-windows-10/)
    setting the regkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender\DisableAntiSpyware to 1

The high cpu load happens every few hours and when it happens I notice very quickly since the fans of the cpu go crazy (CPU is old and overclocked got it used by a friend)

Does anybody know a solution to the problem?

Greetings
    Michael
    06-21-2019 06:42 AM
    Check under settings if diagnostic feedback is turned on. Set it to basic. Some people had issues with this
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-21-2019 07:14 AM