Hello fellow Onedrive friends,

I have a problem I'm going crazy over and hope someone can point me to the right direction.

I do use Onedrive (not Onedrive for Business) with an Office 365 subscription.

I do scan all my correspondence and save them as PDF files on Onedrive. Recently I have switched scanner from Cannon to Brother. And after a while I noted that Onedrive search didn't find pdf contents.

I did test every imaginable way / format (pdf, pdf/a, searchable, non-searchable) and for example the windows search does search/find the contents, but not the onedrive search.
    The very weird thing, when I go back to the old scanner/old software now, it does not work anymore too.
    Old/existing files are still beeing found.

I am completely clueless now.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you veeeeery much. Every tip is much appreciated.
    Alex
    11-29-2019 04:59 PM
    I'm not entirely following. Do you mean if you search OneDrive from within File Explorer, the pdfs are found, but not when you search on onedrive.com? I just did both using the search "*.pdf" and both worked fine. Did you vefify your new scanner files truly have pdf extensions and not something else such as a jpg or bmp? For example if you're adding the .pdf to the file name thinking you're adding the extension but it's defaulting to a different format so the file ends up as "FileName.pdf.jpg". If that's not it, then have you tried searching the same way from another device?
    11-29-2019 05:19 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

I am talking about the "contents" of the pdf (so whats written inside the PDF, recognized by OCR).

I tried scanning the PDF without OCR, including OCR (and yes, then the words I do search for can be found inside the PDF when I CTRL+F inside the Adobe Reader). So the OCR seemed to have done a fine job.

Onedrive Online search just don't find it.

Thanks again
    11-30-2019 06:57 AM