One drive files

Cass1248

Sep 16, 2020
Visit site
Hi. Trying to work from home and view the folders in a shared drive from work. Finally managed to log in and see folders but all the files which are .doc when viewed in the office are now showing as RTF. This means I can’t edit without saving another copy which defeats the object of one drive
Is there something I’ve missed?
Thank you

LivePerson

Oct 14, 2020
Visit site
Feel lucky that you can get to the files at all; my staff has had horrible problems syncing files to take home for off line use as well using enterprise grade Office 365. I find the online environment too restrictive for purposes of production level word processing use, even though you can eventually make it work if you are extremely patient, with unlimited time. Either way, however, if you can get to your files, even as RTF's at home, there is one pretty easy fix when it comes to using RTF files in word; just save the file to your local hard drive under a new name, and then change the extension from .rtf to .docx (for Word version 2016 or later). I'm not sure if you can otherwise change the name of online files, but you can certainly try that too. For example, open the rtf's in word and save them with the .docx extension. If you do local, offline edits, your next issue, however, will be getting your edited versions back into your company's OneDrive from your local hard drive. That is supposed to automatically happen via sync once you plug in again back at the office, but we find that it doesn't do that very well. Also, do you have your company's same version of MS word installed on the home machine that you are using? I believe that word files will show up as RTF's if you don't have the right version of Word installed, so that could also be part of the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa