I'm Seeing Different OneDrive folder icons. Don't think OneDrive is actually backing up.

Sean Hite

Jan 28, 2023
Visit site
Hello,

Preface with I'm not a Windows Wizard. I'm running the most current Windows 10 Pro. My laptop can not be upgraded to Windows 11. I just recently started using OneDrive. My initial goal was to backup the OneDrive default 3 folders as well as adding my Music folder.

My initial Microsoft OneDrive Support has been less than effective for my issue.
----
I set up OneDrive to backup the 3 default folders and the 2 pictures attached display the result of my initial setup I thought had been done correctly, but it appears not.

I also upgraded from the default Free storage capacity space to the 100GB plan at the same time essentially. Not sure if that had an effect or not.
----
I'm not able to get OneDrive set-up correctly for synching and I'm not sure why.

Any thoughts on my next move greatly appreciated. I follow clear directions well.
----
Thank you in advance.

Sean

Attachments

• 1-My Current My PC Synched Folders - My Music Folder Has No Green  Icon.jpg
    1-My Current My PC Synched Folders - My Music Folder Has No Green Icon.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 2-My Current OneDrive-Personal Synched Folders.jpg
    2-My Current OneDrive-Personal Synched Folders.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 2

Sean Hite

Jan 28, 2023
Visit site
Hello. Thank you for your response.

Question for you though.......
If my OneDrive account has been upgraded from my original FREE 15GB OneDrive Personal account to the OneDrive 100GB Standalone account, which I have done, why doesn't the left hand pane of my "This PC" window change from OneDrive - Personal to OneDrive Standalone since I've upgraded my storage package to the Standalone package?

Why hasn't this changed from OneDrive Personal to OneDrive 100GB Standalone?

I'm still not totally confident that my files on my PC are correctly being synched/backed up don't think my docs are truly being synched/backed up.

Thank you for your assistance.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
OneDrive has 2 different types of accounts: Personal and Business. Those are the only two types of labels that are used (with the name of the actual business being used for those accounts for some).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3