Does anyone have a Windows RT Recovery Drive for Dell XPS10

allanshute

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I upgraded my Dell XPS10 from Windows RT 8 to Windows RT 8.1 Preview. It has 2 serious issues:
1) Windows RT is not activated.
2) Device gets stuck at boot logo.

Now I'm trying to use a USB recovery drive to recover my XPS10 to Windows RT 8. Unfortunately I failed to use the recovery files from Microsoft Surface RT, XPS10 could not boot with those files (I tried with the files Mase provided).
So I'm posting this thread to see if anyone owns a Dell XPS10 and created a USB recovery drive on Windows RT 8 (NOT on Windows RT 8.1 Preview). I would be very much appreciated if you can share your recovery files with me to bring my XPS10 alive...

Thank you very much.

Allan from China

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest contacting Dell.

Given that this forum has very few posts, I doubt if there are a lot of people here who even own that particular device. We have some forums for tablets/PCs/other things, but WPCentral is mainly geared toward phones and the manufacturer (Dell) would probably be a better source than here.

peskypescado

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Still looking for a recovery drive?

I have one I used to recover my XPS 10 when the 8.1 upgrade failed.

Could you make an image of the USB drive you used to recovery yours? This is a good tool for doing that:
alex's coding playground ? Blog Archive ? USB Image Tool 1.62

I tried to do a recovery with a USB drive I had setup on a Surface RT but it said it was invalid. I think it has to be for the exact hardware, not just Windows RT.

Thanks!

johnnytab

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I to like many others I suspect are suffering from the same issue, assuming you managed to obtain the Recovery Files, could you make them available for me please.

johnnytab

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks Memitim, I have created a mediafire account for ease and currently downloading. I will let you know how I get on and also this will help others who may wish to obtain the files to fix their XPS tablet.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I upgraded my Dell XPS10 from Windows RT 8 to Windows RT 8.1 Preview. It has 2 serious issues:
1) Windows RT is not activated.
2) Device gets stuck at boot logo.

Now I'm trying to use a USB recovery drive to recover my XPS10 to Windows RT 8. Unfortunately I failed to use the recovery files from Microsoft Surface RT, XPS10 could not boot with those files (I tried with the files Mase provided).
So I'm posting this thread to see if anyone owns a Dell XPS10 and created a USB recovery drive on Windows RT 8 (NOT on Windows RT 8.1 Preview). I would be very much appreciated if you can share your recovery files with me to bring my XPS10 alive...

Thank you very much.

Allan from China

I had the same issues with mine when I went to 8.1. I ended up having to call Dell tech support and sending to their depot to get back to 8.

Memitim

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, but I mean I need Windows RT 8.1 recovery drive to recovery my tablet without upgrading from Windows RT 8.0 to Windows RT 8.1 every time I reset my tablet.

Ah, will check later if it is possible to create a 8.1 recovery drive similar to the recovery partition that has 8.0 on it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)