Problems with Internet Explorer and Google?

voldoismylover

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone else experienced the bug with Internet Explorer while using Google when backing up to a search page after clicking a link? After clicking a link on the search page, I will try and go back to the original Google search but it will end up just reloading the page I was on. This happens when I use the back arrow and the swiping method. If I double click the arrow, sometimes it takes me back to the original search but often times it takes me back two pages, leaving me frustrated.

I don't know if this is a Windows issue, a tablet issue, or a Google issue. I would like to think that it's not just a ploy from Microsoft to make me frustrated enough to use Bing but they also took Google Chrome off of their store so I'm not going to rule it out.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue and have any suggestions on how to fix it.

THANKS!

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
It's neither a Google issue nor a Windows issue, unless this happens all the time with every site.

The link below discusses some of the reasons why this happens. There are of course others that are not so legit.

Why Can't You Use the Back Button on Some Websites?

I purposely open all my links in a new tab to avoid this issue. That way I don't lose my search results.

jgcoleman

Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
I am having the same problem and it is not site specific. I recently purchased the Nokia Icon windows phone. I also have a Microsoft Surface Pro. I have no problems on my surface, but when I do an internet search after clicking on one of the results link, there is no way to return to the search results page to select another link. Very frustrating because you have to enter the entire search again. The back button does not return you to the search results.

DaviUnic

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Google's safe search feature uses some weird redirect system that confuses IE. When you click back for the first time, it actually takes you back to the redirect URL (not the search results page), and that just redirects to the requested page again. Here's a flowchart for easier understanding what I mean:

Search results --> Redirect URL --> Actual page

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss