What do you guys use for an antivirus?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What is the deference between Windows Defender and Windows Security Essentials?

Security Essentials was the name of the product when it was a downloadable program that you could install on XP, Vista and 7. With Windows 8, it was built into Windows and given the name Windows Defender.

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
@thearcaneflame

Woah, man! I'm a Microsoft ****** through and through.

That was something I read on some tech news site somewhere (probably via Weave). I can't find the source now lol.

And in things like avcomparatives, Microsoft is always low down.

In our family I am the (unfortunate) 'one who knows about computers', and until recently had security essentials on several of their computers ( and my own). And that was for ages too. I only moved a couple to Kaspersky because I got a deal on 3 keys - the rest are still with security essentials. And it stops all of these '.mp3.exe' files that idiots in my family keep downloading lol

TheArcaneFlame

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
@thearcaneflame

Woah, man! I'm a Microsoft ****** through and through.

Oh no worries. Wasn't my intention to call you out or question your loyalties. haha I just wanted to correct what I felt was an inaccurate statement. I understand you just reposted what you had read, it happens... I've done that before. We likely all have since we don't always have the time to research everything we read for accuracy! It was just something I had been dealing with lately and it was fresh in my mind. I suppose I could have just said "that's not true" but wanted to back that up with a bit of information. :)

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Norton has been pretty solid, but Security essentials seems more than sufficient if you don't do stupid crap on your PC. Also if you are in the UK, it's worth getting a Barclays account as you then get free Kaspersky subscription with internet banking; although I haven't personally tried Kaspersky other than in VMware to see how it works.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers