8 pro - screen stays black

jp-2013

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
My 8pro seems to have a problem, the screen stays black after pushing the power/windows button.
The back light turns on, but the windows splash screen doesnt show.

I have restored my 8pro 2 times, installed all the latest windows and dell drivers (including the bios update), but it didnt help.

Sometimes i have to press the power button very very often (like 30-50 times) before the screen turns on.
Sometimes after 10 times it suddenly turns on. It seems totally random.

Its only happens by turning off and turning on the screen. This does not happen when i am using the 8pro, but only when i turn the screen off and wanting to turn it on again like 10 minutes later.

Perhaps someone here recognizes the problem and has a fix for it?

I have made a vid of it:

(the first 20 seconds the device is booting up, see the white led flashing)

Last edited:

bowulf

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried holding the power button in for 20 seconds or so to force to hard reboot? I initially had the problem after installing some firmware, but that seemingly forced a hard reset. It fixed my problem at least with putting the Dell in recovery boot options.

Asrialys

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I had this issue, and my tablet would even shut it itself down unexpectedly. I would get the black screen whenever I restarted the device. Although, I would only need to push the Power twice to get the lock screen. There were a couple times where the black screen stayed and I had to force the tablet off. I ended up doing a refresh and so far haven't seen the black screen. The black screen is apparently an issue with Windows 8, so do a search for fixes if it persists.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3