DLNA and Play To

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a smartTV with DLNA support and the Venue 8 Pro? Has anyone tried to Play To say a Samsung Smart TV?

Looking to buy a new TV, and wondering if this would work.
Thanks,

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a smartTV with DLNA support and the Venue 8 Pro? Has anyone tried to Play To say a Samsung Smart TV?

Thanks,

I dont have a Samsung Smart TV but i doubt it wouldnt work... I have a Panasonic Viera TV which apparently doesnt have the best DLNA support, but i have made it work with pretty much anything, like the PlayTo feature. Windwos 8.1 is really nice about this, because even my Panasonic tv it's a "not Windows certified" device... that means it wont appear in Windows 8 apps charm devices by default, but I can "playto" from desktop files (where it says its a non certified device).

and Im talking that it even works in an old crappy pc that has Vista nvidia drivers because there are no recent drivers, so you can imagine how old its the computer and the AGP videocard (yeah I said AGP! but they still install after so many years haha), and well even in that crappy pc, playto works "fine"... sometimes it freezes on my tv if I have IE opened or something... yeah it sucks how it reaches 100% cpu so fast... but if it works here practicaly fine, SO i really really doubt it wouldnt work in a smart tv with a nice Venue 8 pro.

of course IF your tv didnt appear in windwos 8 charms because its a not windows certified, you can always do this.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2871501
its only about adding a small and easy registry entry and end.

before in win8.0 it was a little complicated to do this, because you had to modify "system" registry entries, take owneship, and make your device certified, but ShowNonCertifiedDevices, solves everything since it will display every non certified device, without making them certified one by one. you can always use that old hack registry entry to check if your tv will appear in devices charms without any problem, there are alot of "Samsung Electronic" devices in the list.
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Device Association Framework\InboxProviders\DAFUPnPProvider\Plugins\DlnaMetadataProvider\DeviceShims]

But I would cut one of my arms if it didnt work! if it works on my side, Im really sure it would work on your side, you could even use the desktop files to test it and Im sure it would work, since desktop displays in PlayTo non certified devices with no problem.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

Thanks,

I have tried it on my Samsung Smart TV, it works the same as PlayTo app from Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)