Micro USB port not working

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
The micro USB port on my DV8 pro seem to stopped working. It was working fine since i bought it and today, when the battery died, I plugged it in and left it charging for about 30 min and still does not want to turn on. I'm using the USB cable that came with it. I plugged it in my phone and it worked fine so I don't think cable is the problem.
I bought it from Walmart Nov 17 and I don't know if I will be able to return it because of their 15 day policy. Would Dell help me out with it?

Need some advice, please!

dznk

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
There seems to be other people who are experiencing the same problem as you're having. There is a thread here on Dell's website about it. There doesn't appear to be a common fix for it though.

You will certainly be able to get it repaired or replaced with either Walmart or Dell. I've just had a look on Walmarts website and it appears they have an extension on the warranty over the holiday period.

It says...
As an added convenience for customers, Walmart has adjusted its return policy for the holiday gift buying season for items that have a limited return/exchange period (15 days, 30 days, etc.). For these items purchased between Nov. 1 and Dec. 24, the limited return period will begin Dec. 26. This includes items such as TVs, cameras, computers, DVD and music players that can have a 15-30 day return period.
By the sounds of it, you may be able to get Walmart to sort this out. It might be worth popping in to see if you can get it exchanged.

Bo

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much for this, glad I'm not the only one having the same issue.
I will try to exchange it to Walmart

I had the dame issue once when my battery died completely after leaving my tab in the glovebox for two days. What I did to fix it that one time is, I guess reset the tablet (I say i guess because I've never read anywhere if there is a reset switch). After trying to charge my tab I noticed that the light wasn't coming on but the tablet became really hot over time (I think over two hours). I thought I burned it out, but I let it sit for a cool down period of about one hour then tried to turn it in. It wouldn't turn on but what I saw was that the screen changed a little. Almost like it was stuck in a black screen, seeing that I held down the power and windows keys for about 5 or 10 seconds (can't remember exactly) and the tablet rebooted, I saw the dell logo then I got a battery warning symbol. I reconnected the tab back to the power source and the little power light came on and it started charging again. I haven't had the problem since but it was scary because I didn't want to send the tab back to dell for a replacement. They would have made me ask for my money back if they told me to send a brand new product in for repair after only having it a few weeks. With something that new they would have needed to replace my device with a new one.

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
The micro USB port on my DV8 pro seem to stopped working. It was working fine since i bought it and today, when the battery died, I plugged it in and left it charging for about 30 min and still does not want to turn on. I'm using the USB cable that came with it. I plugged it in my phone and it worked fine so I don't think cable is the problem.
I bought it from Walmart Nov 17 and I don't know if I will be able to return it because of their 15 day policy. Would Dell help me out with it?

Need some advice, please!

Isn't there at least a manufacturers one year warranty?

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine from Amazon and Dell shows a 16 month 'Rapid Release Depot' warranty - valid from 11/9 (when I bought it) until 2/7/2015. If Walmart won't take it back, go to Dell's website and request service.

From what I can tell, 'Rapid Release Depot' means a one-day turnaround - they give you a one-day label, fix/replace and ship back with one-day service.

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
Mine actually never got hot, but every time I press the power button, the light just turns orange. I left it charging over night last night with the power cable and adapter that came with it, but still no luck. :cry:

booyasaka

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I also just got back from my local walmart. Apparently, they don't know anything about an extended warranty for electronics through the end of December. Then I called another walmart, and finally someone knew something and confirmed about the extended warranty. I will check first if they have the DV8P in stock so I can exchange it. If not, I will just have to call Dell.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos