Touch screen sensitivity issue, are any perfect?

Daniel0418

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought a Venue 8 Pro, and for what I need it is absolutely a dream tablet. (I need Flash video so I can watch VODs and Live streaming Starcraft 2 anywhere I am. I travel a lot). My issue is, when I am browsing the web or typing, the screen is overly sensitive. It zooms unexpectedly because it thinks I double tapped the screen, links get clicked my mistake when just scrolling. Even when pinching and zooming sometimes links/images open in new tabs because it thinks I am touching them. I searched online and it seems a lot of people are having the issue, but Dell hasn't addressed if a fix is coming.

My question is this, is there anyone out there that 100% is NOT having this issue? If so I will just replace my Venue 8 Pro with another one, and hope for the best. Here is a way to test if the issue occurs for you.

Go to a website (WP Central full version is final) and scroll slowly down a page, lightly press the finger you are using to scroll, and see if it randomly thinks you double tapped). Now I say lightly, because that makes it happen more often, but it happens all the time for me.

I appreciate any replies!

reconrevelations

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Im really sorry that I cant help, I don't mean to be wasting your time or getting your hopes up, if I am correct there is a certain option under control settings to turn down your screens sensitivity, at the expense of having to be a little more 'hands on' with your tablet, obviously it will be more difficult, if it does affect the outcome and how you use the device, if it clearly prohibits the way you use the device then I would definitely recommend getting it cleared out, complain to the company, until they release a software update, if its not completely necessary or doesn't prohibit usage on your device and its a small IE screen glitch, I would just wait it out if I could.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue till yesterday, installed the latest 3700 series chipset drivers from the dell support site and its gone

danwanna

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
The only sensitivity issues I've had with mine were after I ran the "Calibrate" function inside of "Tablet PC Settings" in the control panel. I have always done that in the past with Window's tablets but in this case it made it a lot worse. I really didn't need to do it, but I did anyway out of habit. I chose the "Reset" option and it went back to normal. It might be worth trying to run the calibration and if it doesn't help, reset.

tortex73

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
I'd really like to know if any are perfect too. Mine can be maddening sometimes. I have updated the driver, calibrated the screen, to no avail. If there are some perfect ones out there then I will exchange mine, but if not then I might stick it out. Hopefully it's not a hardware problem.

tyshone1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I wish the zoom in double tap could be disabled! I hate that crap! So I use Firefox to keep it from happening.

I have the same problem and it is frustrating. It is ruining the experience with my first Windows tablet. Having said that, you are right, it does not appear to happen in Firefox or Chrome.

jgraves1107

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Well IE has issues with a lot of sites so I figure why bother even using it. Seems there is a major bug in it when it comes to flash and java.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12