Square (instead of trapezoid) microUSB port?

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info. Such a weird choice on Dell's part. I have the original DVP (the WP7 phone), and it has Micro-B, not Micro-A. Wonder what the reasoning was.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
It's not dangerous, it's a propriety thing -you just need to LOOK
Now you know to look :wink:

Yes, it'd just be nice if I didn't have to do that, like with Micro-B. It's almost like they had a surplus of Micro-A's from an incorrect factory order, and decided to use them all up.

Nik Rolls

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
why does the A even exist?
What you actually have is a Micro-AB socket, which can take both Micro-A and Micro-B plugs. Micro-A is used for USB-on-the-go and according to the USB spec, you have to support the feature if you have an A-compatible socket.

Are you sure your tablet doesn't have this feature? It allows you to connect some USB devices such as mice, keyboards and mass storage units using a USB On-the-Go adapter (which has Micro-B on one end and either Micro-A or fullsize USB socket on the other).

Hoku001

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Cords only fit in one way for me, so I don't see what the big deal is.

It's a big deal when the port breaks and you can't plug in a cord. As I mentioned on another thread, I had two Dells crap out on me within about a month because the USB port failed. Couldn't plug in the cord at all. The 2nd one I had was broken within 6 charge cycles. To be fair, I got both of my Dells from the same MS store, so I'm thinking that this store had a bad lot or something. Seriously, even a gorilla shouldn't be able to break a USB port that fast.

nasellok

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine broke (2) days ago - Ive had no issues with the myriad of different chargers ive been using, unfortunately, now its broken, and the battery is officially dead. I bought it back in November from Walmart (terrible decision now), and cannot return to store. I have to deal with Dell Customer Service, wait for them to send me a box, and then send it to them, God only knows how long its going to take for them to send it back to me. This really sucks, now I have to use my Ipad 2 again, its like going back to MSDOS after using Windows 8 for the past year on PC, Surface RT, and DVP8. Either way, Ill be taking extra special care to make sure I plug the damn thing in the correct way from now on.

I was unable to wipe my device before the battery died. Should I be concerned with any of my private data when sending back to Dell?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium