Handwriting Recognition Question

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
i have the DVP and also an 11" Samsung tablet .. I use handwriting every chance i can on the Samsung Slate. i just received my Stylus for the Dell Venue Pro. I am thinking that handwriting doesn't work that well on an 8" tablet. Also, the handwriting seems a little scratchy and the recognition is not that great. Maybe that is because the writing area is a little cramped. . . Might be due to the fact that I am a "lefty" and my letters are larger than most people's. My question is this. Is there some place where you can customize the writing? Can you make the lines thicker? And as on Windows7 can you move the insert button to the left side of the writing pad? I saw Some where you could choose if you were right or left handed but on Windows7 there are actual settings that ask which Side you want the insert button. I don't think that is asking for too much, It has always been that way Why change that? It's a microsoft Issue, not Dell's.

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I realize that the stylus is garbage. Sometimes It just won't even write or notice that I am hitting the "X" with my stylus .. Still - shouldn't there be some adjustments for the pen like fine medium or thick lines. Or is pressing harder supposed to do that. Also, not just with the Dell, even though it asks if I am right or left handed, wouldn't it make sense to place the insert button on the left side for lefties? Bill Gates is left handed and he isn't concerned about which side of the screen the scroll bar is .. that is the one reason I always use Firefox, because I can move the scrollbar to the left side. As you can see, my right hand is practically useless ..

CaptainAnywho

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
There is an option in the control panel to switch to a left-handed mode. I'm not sure how one could change the line thickness (if that's even possible).

QOAM

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. I saw that option but it doesn't do anything that I can tell in Windows 8 .. I think it does if you are using a PC with Win7 or previous like it changes what side of the pointer the menus drop down to. And maybe it also changes left and right clicks but in Windows 7 there was an option to move the "insert" button to the left side of your on screen keyboard. I don't think that people that are not left handed would know how annoying it is to click to the right side .. people that are writing with their right hand just find it the natural place to put the insert button but imagine if :"insert" was on the left side of the key board .. As for the thickness ... I saw that on tablets that had the Wacom digitizer. Lenovo for instance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05