no key included for office

j666w

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
my tablet came and no product key was included for office there was also no paper with the win 8.1 key included
I tried using the windows key I got from control panel to activate office but it wouldn't let me type in the key or paste it (ie wouldn't accept 0)
anyone else have this problem I am awaiting on feedback from place of purchase

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
it should have come with a CD sized packet saying to not throw away with the key for Windows + Office.
If its not included, contact your place of purchase.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Your Office key should have been included on an insert in the packaging.

You won't get a Windows key with Windows 8.x devices. The key is embedded in the bios and won't be asked for during a Windows installation. If you absolutely need the key, you can use something like Magic Jellybean to identify it.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There was in my box a red colored piece of paper saying the key is on another piece of paper or on the cd sleeve without a cd and to not throw it away in very large letters. If you kept all the packaging hopefully its still in the box somewhere.

uccasiq

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
my tablet came and no product key was included for office there was also no paper with the win 8.1 key included
I tried using the windows key I got from control panel to activate office but it wouldn't let me type in the key or paste it (ie wouldn't accept 0)
anyone else have this problem I am awaiting on feedback from place of purchase
Did you buy from Ebuyer by any chance? They've sold these without keys and are not sorting it out.
Dell confirmed that my service tag was not one that included Office but Ebuyer sold it as coming with Office. Ive been trying to get this sorted for nearly a month now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire